Saturday 12 November 2016

Windows 10 Anniversary Update



I have used 95, 98SE, ME, XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 (pre-anniversary update). Each had their foibles and advantages. Windows 10 Anniversary Update has made my quad core 6 GB RAM machine sluggish and has killed or wounded the sleep function which now works 50% of the time (monitor doesn’t wake up sometimes). Any MVP reading this PLEASE do not copy/paste your scripted “solution” about drivers, DISM etc.

I beg you not to.

I know what I am doing. Let me spell it out for anyone who has got this far; Windows 10 was the best OS MS has ever released and without hyperbole I think that the Anniversary Update is the literally the worst as it has slowed down my PC (and my laptop too incidentally). If it was really good why not have confidence that users will not want to roll back to a previous build? You “allow” this for 10 days (down from 30 days) I know but why put any time limit at all? And here’s the big one, why did the team slyly set system restore to off by default as part of Windows 10 Anniversary Update?

No comments:

Post a Comment